I used an outdoor/ interior paint, tinted to 'nightsky' so just slightly lighter than black. It only needed two coats with and undercoat.
Process in how I did it
- Bought chair (obviously)
- Removed base of the chair
- Took of the material that was originally there.
- Replaced with black crushed pane (velvet). I used 1cm tacks to attach the material to the base.
- Sanded back the chair with sand paper, and files for the crevices.
- Painted undercoat.
- Painted two outer coats and left to dry for 15 hours.
- Re-attached and screwed in the base
I think I will add a varnish to the top paneling and maybe some pink colour gem/rhinestones.