Sunday, April 28, 2013


So the top image is what the chair originally looked like when I bought it, and the bottom is what it looks like now. I'm so happy with how it turned out.
I used an outdoor/ interior paint, tinted to 'nightsky' so just slightly lighter than black. It only needed two coats with and undercoat.

Process in how I did it
  1. Bought chair (obviously)
  2. Removed base of the chair
  3. Took of the material that was originally there.
  4. Replaced with black crushed pane (velvet). I used 1cm tacks to attach the material to the base.
  5. Sanded back the chair with sand paper, and files for the crevices.
  6. Painted undercoat.
  7. Painted two outer coats and left to dry for 15 hours.
  8. Re-attached and screwed in the base
Bada-bing bada-boom!!!

I think I will add a varnish to the top paneling and maybe some pink colour gem/rhinestones.


  1. oooh this is so cool! it looks great ! :)